Easily deploy Wordpress, the most popular website builder, on TF Grid

Wordpress

Probably the most used website hosting platform in the world, you can be up and running with your website in minutes.

Requirements

Install

Make sure you choose the version with the database.

Now I can click on the link

Booom…

My own website in 3 minutes.

I played around…

Found me some templates and in no time I had a website layout & template to further fill in

finishing touches

• when you login first time you can upgrade your wordpress
  • make sure to add your own domain name to it
  • dont forget to enable https
7 Likes

THIS is super powerful – quick, easy, and since Wordpress is already so widely-used, it’s low-hanging fruit for grid utilization!

4 Likes

I tried this yesterday, I got it to work and I was impressed.

I did not have a domain or something when creating the Caprover VM. I used the example; apps.openly.life, and I needed to add some entries to my Windows hosts file to get it to work.

4 Likes

@sleipnir Smart! Indeed if you are experimenting you can add the domain name with the IP address given in you local host file and have it resolved that way!

3 Likes

CapRover has many cool apps in its catalogue – being able to deploy my own website within just a few minutes is huge!

3 Likes

Wow actually 40% of the world’s websites use WordPress. 40%!!!

2 Likes

This is a game changer!

1 Like

As someone who has been using wordpress for 12 years, I have followed this development closely. Since my coding knowledge is not advanced, I could easily install wordpress with the whm and softacolus utilities, is it possible to make the structure in threefold a little easier in wordpress installation. and threefolda should find free services online, for example, storj gives 50 gb storage for free. Google expands its user base by providing many unproductive services, and then users buy services as a necessity. I think the threefold infrastructure is an ambitious project to rival Google. We can achieve the goal of reaching the end user by adding an easy user-oriented interface. respects.

Sure - but as we are different we might want to this different as well. My proposal is to post online what project you would like to get started on the grid on the forum. Once the project / test case is well understood we can grant you access (or a token credit) to execute on it? Good idea?

3 Likes