Distribution Flow

When the Grid is utilised and an application deployed on the Grid is used, what does the distribution of the tokens look like?

Does this mean that 50% of what an application charges for its services ends up with them?

Example:

If a Netlfix 2.0 arises and goes ThreeFold and charges its customers 10 USD (in TFT but denominated in USD) per month. Does that mean that 5 USD will eventually end up with Netflix 2.0 and 3,5 USD gets burned, 1 USD goes to ThreeFold Foundation and 0.5 USD to the validators?

Could Netflix 2.0 charge 10 USD (in TFT but denominated in USD) per month and charge 2 USD on top, bringing the total to 12USD for its services. Does that mean that 5+2 USD eventually will end up with Netflix?

Assuming Netflix 2.0 has a 10 USD per month cost per user (to be paid in TFT) on ThreeFold Grid.
Does Netlfix 2.0 charge its ‘Grid cost’ since it sees 50% of it back anyways?

What am I missing here? I believe I am missing context and information in order to be able to understand.

1 Like

Hey, this is a great question and common confusion point.

The sales channel distribution is a way for people to earn from helping others deploy things on the grid.

One example could be that someone develops a new interface for creating deployments on the grid, which has some nice features not available in our existing interfaces like the playground. This developer can earn a commission on every deployment made through their interface.

A business might build a service that relies on grid capacity. They can bill their customers in the amount and currency of their choosing. They then pay for grid capacity in TFT, part of which might go to the developer from our example above.

3 Likes

So it could also be that someone devolops a new interface for creating deployments on the grid and then also create a service which is deployed through the new interface… Then he get 50% of his payed TFT back, since he is developper of the new interface and creates a service on it?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s possible that sales channels might also be consumers of capacity and benefit from a discount in this way.

1 Like