Change wallet address for farm

Still waiting on my Titan…
But when we were required to fill out the questionnaire, we provided a wallet address to collect the rewards. So I set up the stellar app on my ledger nano and provided the corresponding address. I’ve recently discovered that I shouldn’t be using the hardware addresses for collection as it may cause issues. (https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018969814-Receive-mining-proceeds?docs=true)

So, is there a good way to change the configured wallet address for the farm? Does the gofarmer app allow for farm modifications or is it only used for setting up a farm?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi there, I think easiest would be to get in touch with the support team (blue chat icon on bottom-right of the forum) and they can help you modify the wallet address.

For others that want to change their payout address:
When I contacted support Team using the blue chat icon on the bottom-right of the forum I was told to send an Email from the original Email address to info@threefold.io and provide my old an new payout address to them.

Hello @jakubprogramming

The email address - info@threefold.io is monitored by the Support Team, and having to send us an email to initiate the wallet address change is part of the process to implement the change. That being said, in your case, a ticket has already been created to address your request.

1 Like

Yes I know, thank you. I only wanted to let people know to contact you guys right away by email instead of chat. This way it should be easier for everybody (I figured).

1 Like

We have now significantly made it easy for V3 users to change their wallet addresses. You would need to login into the dashboard and change the wallet address there.

1 Like

I didn’t know this was a new feature as I already used it about a month ago. But that’s irrelevant, what I think it’s really important is to have a warning saying you should not change the address (or even totally disable it) in the minting period or some days before . Dev team will know exactly when this should be disabled.

There’s actually no harm in changing your payout address around minting time. Whatever payout address is on your account when the minting data is pulled will be used to pay you. The only important parts are that this wallet is activated with a trustline to TFT and that it’s the wallet you want the funds deposited in.

1 Like

Thank you for making it clear for me @scott.

1 Like