Calculate Farming Rewards

My DIY node has been running for about six months and I love how hands off it has been and the low power consumption. Each month I receive an e-mail with the farming rewards which contains information such as uptime, payout amount, and registration hashes. I noticed the payout amount has some variation each month and it doesn’t exactly line up with the rewards calculator. For my own knowledge is there a way that I can calculate and reconcile the payout amount myself based off my specs and uptime? Also how do I determine the price of TFT at the point of registration on blockchain and is the price adjusted if I bring a new node online?

1 Like

Glad to hear that farming has been going smoothly for you :+1:

Since we’re still on v2 minting, rewards decline a bit each month. My node is earning a little less than what’s reported by the last v2 calculator that was released. Uptime is only used to determine if your node gets paid for a given month, so you’re seeing rewards for full months. Since we’re focused on activating minting v3, I don’t know if any more updated minting v2 calculators will be released.

Regarding locking in a TFT price for the new minting model, the current news is that we’re considering offering a set rate to all farmers who migrate in January. After that, it’s still being determined if price will depend on some kind of moving average or other method to curb the influence of volatility. Either way, yes, this is a per node figure that would change for new nodes that are added.

3 Likes

Sounds good, thanks for the info. I find the forums very helpful.

1 Like

HI, how can I Receive these emails? where did you register for this option? thanks in advance

Minting emails were discontinued at the start of the year. I’m working with the team on how we want to handle delivering this information going forward.

1 Like

“Regarding locking in a TFT price for the new minting model, the current news is that we’re considering offering a set rate to all farmers who migrate in January.”
Can you please elaborate more? or point me to a discussion about it?
I have one DIY node on V2 now as well as my titan 3node. Is it beneficial for me to move my DIY node to V3 before the end of the month? What happens to my earnings during my time on V2? Will I be paid for that period too or will that earnings disappear when I move to V3? Is the only way to upgrade using my V3 bootstrap which replaces my node?
I would appreciate your response and any extra information.
Thanks,

The current TFT lock in price is set at $.08 and will be available to all nodes that migrate in January. Going forward, we’ll be using a DAO based process to set the rate according to current market conditions.

Also starting in January, v2 minting will pay on a prorated basis for your uptime during a month. That means you migrate half way through a month, you’ll get half of the V2 rewards. That said, my understanding is still that activating minting v3 is voluntary. So you can migrate to Grid 3 now and choose to activate minting v3 at your discretion after it goes live.

Yes, the way to migrate DIY nodes is to create a new farm on TF Chain and make a new v3 bootstrap based on that farm id. We’ll be releasing a process for Titans soon. If having both nodes on the same farm is important to you, you might want to wait until you can set up the farm for your Titan and then use that farm id for your DIY node.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply.
I have three nodes. 2 DIY and one Titan. The Titan and one DIY are on V2. They are both on different farms. The second DIY is on V3. I want to bring the first DIY to V3 too. I should be able to use the same bootstrap that I have for the second DIY. I guess my question was if it would be beneficial to make this move in January.

The main benefit to consider is locking in your token price for v3 minting. As of now, that’s set at $.08. Changes to this price will be established through a DAO based process that will be announced later. Migrating in January will ensure you are able to get this token price, if the newly set price is higher.

2 Likes

What is the current price for token minting in V2? is it the same 0,08?

Yes, we’ve extended the $.08 entry price through Q1 (end of March).

1 Like

@scott any updates on the monthly minting emails? In the interim, is there another method we can use to check/review estimated rewards?

@scott

Also starting in January, v2 minting will pay on a prorated basis for your uptime during a month. That means you migrate half way through a month, you’ll get half of the V2 rewards

Does the same prorated uptime approach apply for v3 minting? And is this purely on current uptime orly, or cumulative uptime during the month?

I have two questions about rewards in the v3 grid.
I have a DIY node that went on the grid on the 16th of February, for what I have understood, that means I will receive the rewards for half of the month, right? Another thing that I wanted to ask was, what is the day that the rewards are paid? Is it supposed to be on the 5th or around the 5th? (just asking because I still haven’t received my rewards, although it is only the 6th).

Thanks.

V3 rewards are not being distributed on the 5th yet, maybe tomorrow or the day after.

3 Likes

day_after

(Couldn’t help myself! :wink: )

Patience is key. Long Live V3.

3 Likes

V2 minting happed last Saturday and V3 minting should happen today. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’re working on a way to view v3 minting receipts, probably something that will be added to the portal.

Yes, v3 minting is also based on cumulative uptime during the month for now. This has been done in part because we’re still seeing some issues with v3 that cause downtime and it wouldn’t be fair to exclude anyone from a whole month of farming for not hitting the uptime target. Once v3 stabilizes, we’ll move to enforcing the uptime requirement.

A note on prorating: it’s always been the case that nodes which are created partway through a month earn for the part of the month after they were created. The change in v2 was needed to handle the case where nodes go offline partway through the month to migrate. Migrated nodes appear as new nodes on v3, so this part is not really a special case.

For now, the best way to estimate is check the simulator.

2 Likes

Yes, that node will earn for about half a month and should be paid out soon.

2 Likes

Great answers - thank you!

1 Like