Better map for ThreeFold Grid [Closed]

we really like what Helium did for their map

Personally I think would be amazing if ThreeFold has a map like this too.

I like how they divide the map in area’s for network in their case

Scott has also made an amazing map:
see http://185.206.122.155/

Wouldn’t it be great we have a map where everyone can see what needs are and what is available

we need to find ways to show requirements & how we fulfil those requirements

requirements

• supernodes & edgenodes
  • connectivity required in neighbourhood e.g. there are no supernodes yet with large bandwidth or ip addr
  • are there special requirements for specific projects in certain regions

fullfilment

• how many edgenodes, how many in region, do we need more
  • how many supernodes, how many users can we handle, bandwidth available, ipaddr,…

why

• idea is that we in future can do rewards differently in line with requirements to make sure we have a consistent map of compute, storage, network capacity everywhere in the world

Any other ideas?

Please lets use this forum post to see what makes sense, if anyone has an idea how to do it and how much budget is needed…

4 Likes

That is an amazing project. I have a question and I think it is perhaps related.

Would it be possible to also add a function where it sends a “warning” to a farm when one node gets turned off? A kind of “alert”. I think some people in the community said it was on it’s way, but I haven’t read on this since a while now.

Thank you!

1 Like

This is great I like the helium map idea too but maybe H3 Grid 5 instead so the hexigons are a bit larger to cover ip addresses more accuratly.

Uber uses H3 Grid too

2 Likes

I am working on a proof of concept Telegram bot for node status alerts. Hope to have something folks can play with this week.

For general reference, I put the code that generates the map linked above (since updated to display Grid 3 nodes) on Github: https://github.com/threefoldfoundation/node-map

4 Likes

Thanks again for the links. I’ll look into this.

3 Likes