Any Redditors out there?

So we’ve got a Reddit channel over at reddit.com/r/threefold and while we’ve seen a bit of growth since we started getting active, the community is still super small there.

I see Reddit as a great “opportunity” channel for ThreeFold. The Reddit community is something very unique, passionate, and readily able to mobilize.

Are there any Redditors out there? I would love to use this thread as a brainstorm for how to enhance and grow our presence there as the ThreeFold community.

We also have a thread going on Reddit about this topic.

1 Like

I have never been much on reddit, but never too old to learn. I’ll start and see if we can get some traction. Here’s my idea how we can get more (US?) engagement there.

WE are in early stage discussions with HBCU’s (Historical Black Colleges and Universities) to build farming opportunities in those colleges and universities. We should be able to get some traction from students.

3 Likes

Thanks Weynand, the more the merrier! I think a big factor on Reddit is healthy community engagement. Redditors like to stay on Reddit. Already seeing some people from the community stepping up there, creating posts, answering questions… Surely this will need to be a widespread effort.

Agree that Reddit audience does skew younger and perhaps our efforts with HBCUs and any future efforts with colleges and universities in general could help us bring traction with students.

1 Like

Things have picked up a little over there in the past week.

2 Likes

I go on Reddit daily, the issue I see with Reddit at the moment is that we need to build our presence on other channels on Reddit first like /r/cryptocurrency. When we start getting notices people will slowly try to research TFT. That is when Redditor will go to the threefold channel. We need to market TFT before the Reddit channel gets more popular. However it is good to update the threefold channel with the latest information, so when people do go to the threefold channel they will not feel like the channel is inactive.

3 Likes

There is so much shilling of garbage by bagholders on r/cc that legit mentions get ignored. I made one small comment on r/homelab and got a bit of interest. Getting those members interested are more valuable since they are largely network engineers. Once I get my rack installed I’ll do some posting over there. Currently my servers are in a pile.

2 Likes

Indeed, great points. We as a community need to get more active on other subreddits and pull people in. And it needs to be done in the right way. Targeting the right communities. Authentic. Adding value. This should pick up naturally as the ThreeFold community grows.

I think @FLnelson is right about r/cc in that it is so crowded. Wonder if we could list here in this thread some subreddits we feel as a community are ripe for outreach opportunities? @FLnelson mentioned r/homelab. What are some others?

1 Like

Maybe r/cryptotechnology

1 Like

Would be great to get some up upvotes on this topic I created on the sustainability subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/sustainability/comments/sp0l9t/how_much_are_we_considering_the_environmental/?

1 Like