A Decentralized Neighborhood I.S.P Concept Built For Threefold

Yes you got it exactly right, finally all my babbling is becoming something cohesive lol!

1 Like

They say an image is worth a thousand words:

[image from your link]

Now, all we need is a proof-of-concept, we just make it happen, then we can reproduce this concept anywhere it fits.

Imagine having this Internet community set up with Digital Twins, Freeflow and the Fediverse. That’s just a great sight to have in mind.

Okay so I’m gonna just give you three links to combine with this thread because I think your starting see how my big picture ideas are coming together.

Even though a lot of my projects may seem like different things entirely, they are just the breadcrumbs along the way of what I’m really working on, whitch I’m not even able to fully describe beyond calling it a resource aggregator/distributor for all of the worlds digital resources. Imagine if you just got a compute bill every month based on how much you used of a global resource pool, and you never had to buy a new home pc. Your hard drive never goes out, your phone has a public IP address. you share files Simply by giving your friends YOUR address. In a world where we all build together, we all benefit together.

1 Like

@aernoud I have known you for a (very) long and here I am learning new things about you. Interesting :slight_smile: With regards to ToS on consumer internet connectivity I think you are both right. Not trying to stop the discussion but here’s where I think we are:

• there are broadband providers out there that do not care what you do with the bandwidth.
  • and there are broadband providers out there that do care what you do with the bandwidth.

And I think that is as simple as it is. Not many things are universal on a global scale and this is certainly not one of them. So @ParkerS is probably able to build his community cloud and be in line with his ToS, or if not, he can probably get another subscription that makes this in line with those ToS’s. All good.

With regards to 3nodes in people’s homes, I see a big parallel with other devices like Netatmo (weather stations), Amazon’s Alexa, and Apple Siri. They all run in private network settings with ToS that might forbid non-commercial usage, but all of them serve a commercial purpose and provide services to others (machine learning and data capturing and sharing amongst the community). So the definition of what commercial use is very hard to define.

So - let’s continue to ideate, dream, and make this project fly!

2 Likes

I agree that we have a lot of unanswered questions about how we’ll deal with illegal content and workloads on the grid, and whether farming is indeed permissible under most consumer internet agreements.

Finally… thank you for confirming and returning to the topic at hand.

This is far more constructive then calling me a troll (not you).

The points you mention are correct, but will be amended as this project goes I’m sure.

One of the things we need to be aware of is that the cooperation of the local parties (Governments) will be highly dependent on how we answer the ‘unanswered questions’.

However, once we understand these questions and acknowledge their validity, I see a possibility -even an opportunity- for TF to answer them. We can create a win-win situation here, but it WILL involve addressing the concerns of ‘the establishment’.

As currently is demonstrated in the crypto World, compliance is a must (and an asset when done right), and you will not win any revolution by defying authorities. You will just loose.

Alright. That is nice. So I went through this and tried to summarize it for documentation sake and to further the discussion.

• Inter Planetary Block Chain DNS (Gateway)
    • Goal : Provide DNS services within the Planetary Network
  • Network Farming
    • A complement to hardware farming
      • Goal : responsible for providing the gateway through which local planetary clients will connect to the Planetary Network
    • Addition: local wireless mesh network
  • Solution Provider Farming
    • well-documented and easily adoptable blue print for any Developer, Individual, or Business to readily create solutions that utilize the grids capacity, and be rewarded for the work that creates that demand
    • Reward System for Solution Provider (codes, softwares used on the TF Grid)

There would then be three ways to “farm” TFT:

1. Capacity farming (actual farming)
    1. Provide : capacity to the TF Grid
  2. Network farming
    1. Provide : bandwidth/routing, public IPv4 and IPv6 and Planetary Network Gateways
  3. Solution farming
    1. Provide : technologies and softwares that run on the TF Grid

If I get it right with the DNS, could TF then be able to generate domain names for people to use on the TF Grid? If not, then how could TF complement with existing technologies or create new ones, in order to offer such domain names, but on the TF Grid, instead of the traditional domain name routes?

2 Likes